Describe and explain retributivism and utilitarianism as theories of reward or distributing good. What do you think is most valid? Why? Do you agree with the requirements of punishment? Why or why not? To what extend do you agree that punishment should be meted out within the legal system? Provide examples.
- Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements. Respond to the items below. 1. What is traditional utilitarianism? With traditional utilitarianism, how do you determine what the moral thing to do on any particular occasion might be? Include mention of the four (4) considerations to determine what the moral thing to do on any particular occasion might be. 2. Why is utilitarianism attractive to many? Discuss three (3) reasons. 3. What is the ecological ethic? 4. How does utilitarianism support the ecological ethic?
- Using Henry Sidgwick's "The Methods of Ethics," which can be found for free online: Explain the argument Sidgwick treats as a proof of utilitarianism against egoism and why, according to Sidgwick, that proof of utilitarianism against egoism fails
- classical ethical theories of utilitarianism, deontology, and virtue ethics
- classical ethical theories of utilitarianism, deontology, and virtue ethics.
- Ethical theories of utilitarianism, deontology, and virtue ethics.
- Theories of Mill’s utilitarianism, Kant’s deontology, and Aristotle’s virtue ethics.
- Please clear you need 2 paragraphs for each for these questions? 1. With DHL promising increased competition in the US express package (integrated carrier) industry, various stakeholders would greet this prospect quite differently. In this discussion forum, address the following: Choose one of these stakeholder groups and explain from their perspective why you oppose or support the entry of DHL in the US domestic market: Federal, state and/or local government FedEx and UPS management and employees DHL management and employees Labor unions and package shippers Use the theories of various market structures to support your postings. 2. Describe at least one example of a firm that is using dynamic pricing to increase revenue. Be as specific as possible. 3. Supply chain-related electronic auctions have been increasing in sophistication and popularity over the years. Using the Internet, briefly describe at least one firm that offers electronic supply chain-related auctions and summarize the services they offer. Also, please share their Internet address with your classmates.
- psychodynamics theories, humanistic/trait theories and the social-cognitive theories