- Assignment: Brief 6: Flashy Flashers Purpose To assess your ability to apply the concepts from readings to a case situation. Action Items Read the Flashy Flashers case at the end of Chapter 16. Case Background: You are to take on the role of Kathryn Marley. You are to address your brief to the president of the company, Johnny Bennett. Download the 5-step critical-thinking decision-making matrix. Complete the questions concerning Step 1: Identify the problem(s) and uncertainties based on the assigned problem. CompleteStep 2: Obtaining Information on the matrix.Specifically, you are required to do A manual MRP explosion for the sidelamps and headlamps for the next 6 weeks (beginning with the current week). Assume that it is now the start of week 1. Fill in the planned order releases form provided in Table 16.15. It should show the planned order releases for all items for the next 6 weeks. Worksheets on the manual MRP explosion and list the actions that planners should consider this week to (1) release new orders, (2) expedite scheduled changes, and (3) delay a scheduled receipt's due date. Complete Step 3: Make predictions about the future on the matrix. Complete Step 4: Make decisions by choosing among the alternatives on the matrix. Review the Sample Business Brief and thegrading rubric for the assignment. Write aone-page analysisaccording to the Business Brief Guidelines.Complete sentences must be used (bullets not acceptable). Your analysis must be written using a concise writing style. Your brief should incorporate all of following instructions: An opening paragraph briefly introducing the case situation. Note: The first half of opening paragraph is to provide a synopsis of the company. The second half of the opening paragraph is state the problem (From Step 1 of the matrix). Analysis header – The analytical section should be based on your personal assessment of the situation. Develop your analysis by addressing the following points. The information for this section of brief should be derived from Steps 2 and 3 of the matrix. Analysis of the data derived when completing Step 2. Identification of the good and bad points of MRP implementation at Flashy Flashers. Conclusion header – This section should include your opinion based on your analysis of the case information and situation outcome. Your recommendation should address the following question and provide only key relevant information and logical discussion in support of your opinion: How can the resource planning process at Flashy Flashers be improved upon? (From Step 4 of the matrix) APA citation(s) and reference(s). Check your writing style by using theGrammarlyapp you downloaded. (See instructions under Week 1 Preparation.) Correct your business brief as needed. Submit your business brief toturnitin.com. Read the Originality Report you receive from turnitin.com and make any modifications as needed to your business brief. This may include adding proper citations or better paraphrasing. Attach the appendices to your paper: Appendix A containing the data information from Step 2. Appendix B containing the completed decision-making matrix. Appendix C containing the grading rubric for the assignment.
- Question 1 Question text According to Walter Murch in the documentary Cutting Edge, _______ was the development in 1903 that allowed cinema to "take off." Select one: a. the close-up b. synchronous sound c. the camera dolly d. editing Question 2 Question text According to The Cutting Edge, classic editing was revolutionized by Soviet Formalists and _______________. Select one: a. Italian Neo-realism. b. world cinema from Japan, Sweden and India. c. The French New Wave of "film critics turned directors." d. Hollywood's Golden Era. Question 3 Question text According to The Cutting Edge, D.W. Griffith developed "classical editing," which relied on…. Select one: a. "collision editing" b. "the invisible cut" Yes. Griffith's classical editing minimized the cut by cutting gradually cutting in on a wide shot of a subject to a close shot of it, action always seeming continuous and fluid.. c. "sustaining cinema's inherent realism by avoiding cuts" d. "jump cuts that maintained basic framing despite omissions of time" Question 4 Question text The Cutting Edge argues that digital editing within the frame Select one: a. may be possible within the next 10 years. b. is not as effective as editing together more than six shots in a second. c. is not as effective as editing together at least two shots every ten seconds. d. not only "increases the editor's control but also multiplies the number of decisions to be made." Question 5 Complete 2.00 points out of 2.00 Flag question Question text In the documentary Cutting Edge, Auguste Lumiere, one of "the fathers of cinema" is quoted as saying that…. Select one: a. "cinema was an invention without a future." Yes. It's important to note that Lumiere's movies were not edited. b. "editing was the essence of cinema." c. "editing should be seamless." d. "cinema was a revolutionary invention."
- This assignment challenges your ability to identify, capture, sequence, and align process activities in a way that enables clear communication of the process and visibility to all activities, including those that are unseen by the customer. Following the example for an Automotive Service Operation process in Exhibit 7.3 in the text, create a service blueprint that depicts an overnight stay in a nationally-recognized hotel chain. Your blueprint should capture the process, which begins with a client’s call to the reservationist and ends with checkout and departure the following day. In addition to your service blueprint, prepare a brief description of two procedures that prevent or block mistakes in the hospitality service process. These process applications are commonly referred to as ‘poka-yokes’ – roughly translated from Japanese into English as ‘error or mistake-proofing’. Exhibit 7.3 in the text includes at least one ‘poka-yoke’ process for each of the four stages noted in the service blueprint that might serve as examples. Length: Your Service Blueprint should span 1-2 pages and may be built using any program of your choosing. It must be accompanied by a one-page description of your mistake-proofing process enhancements indicated above, including in-text citations. Include a brief introduction that broadly describes the contents of your assignment.
- Critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing Posted on 2nd October 2015 by Mike G in Assignments This assignment is intended to critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing. This film is intended as a venue to stimulate critical thinking, analysis, generate discussion and discover understanding about underlying assumptions that influence your own perspectives about the meaning of bioethical theories and principles.As you watch the film, think, observe and reflect to address the following ethical framework listed below: Justice Based ethics, Right based Ethics, Duty based Ethics, and Virtue based Ethics. Focus on the roles and behaviors of the: nurse, physician, scientific community and society under each framework. Your assignment is to address the above roles as it relates to each of the framework with examples from the film. This paper should be the length that the writer determines is necessary to effectively convey the expected information.
- Health Screening and History of an Adolescent or Young Adult Client. Project description Assignment Health Screening and History of an Adolescent or Young Adult Client (A Direct Care Experience) View Rubric Due Date: Nov 17, 2013 23:59:59 Max Points: 150 Details: In this assignment, you will be completing a comprehensive health screening and history on a young adult. To complete this assignment, do the following: Select an adolescent or young adult client on whom to perform a health screening and history. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one. Complete the “Health History and Screening of an Adolescent or Young Adult Client” worksheet. Format the write-up in a manner that is easily read, computer-generated, neat, and without spelling errors. Complete the assignment as outlined on the worksheet, including: 1. Biographical Data 2. Past Health History 3. Family History: Obstetrics History (if applicable) and Well Young Adult Behavioral Health History Screening 4. Review of Systems 5. Include all components of the health history 6. Use correct acronyms or abbreviations when indicated 7. Develop three Nursing Diagnoses for this client based on the health history and screening. Include: one actual nursing diagnosis, one wellness nursing diagnosis, one “Risk For” nursing diagnosis, and your rationale for the choice of each nursing diagnosis for this client. While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Comprehension include: Retelling, Drawing Conclusions, Main Idea, Fact vs Opinion, Sequence of Events, Determining Importance, Visualization, or Cause & Effect
- Read the Hoosier Burger scenario on page 199 in Chapter 6 of the text and address the following in a two-to-four page paper, not including the title page and references page
- Review the professional disclosure statement on pages 70–73 of your text, Orientation to the Counseling Profession, which you originally read in your Unit 1 studies.