It is easy to problem solve by yourself, but when you have a group of people trying to solve a problem, you will have multiple ways of solving the issue at hand. So, how do you handle group problem solving? Have you ever experienced this is your lifetime?
- Describe a time when you used heuristic thinking to solve a problem at work. What steps did you take to solve the problem?
- Describe a time when you used heuristic thinking to solve a problem at work. What steps did you take to solve the problem? What was the outcome? Is there anything you might have changed about your problem-solving process?
- Assessing Leadership Skills in Yourself
- Describe a time when you were surprised by something that was considered popular but that was new to you. Analyze whether or not you consider yourself to be an active participant in popular culture.
- Compile concepts and resources to help yourself when facing burnout as you care for patients.
- Pick one of the notable pre-war era politicians or social figures addressed in the lecture, and assume their position and beliefs. After introducing yourself, choose two issues of note presented in this unit (1820-1861), and provide an editorial response (minimum of 250 words for each issue) that you feel best represents your chosen figure’s perspective during this period. Both responses will be submitted together as one document. You may not choose a work written by your selected figure, two works from the same (other) person, two works about any one issue, or any topics from outside of this unit. Do not reprint any actual editorials from the time as it will lead to steep deductions. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations. Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.
- Put yourself into the time of the American Revolution
- Consider yourself within the context of the “ecological model” and discuss how this model has influenced your own development.