- What does sex mean and what does gender mean? What is meant by the social construction of gender and how is gender socialization linked to the construction of gender?
- Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Describe how the strengths might support a strengths-based plan to meet a challenge.
- Identify your state’s status on same-sex marriage. Explain which sociological concept best supports the changing attitude towards same sex marriage
- Why are some people attracted to members of their own sex whereas others to the opposite sex?
- Sex, Gender, and Sexual Orientation
- Define and contrast the three ethical perspectives. How do the perspectives differ from the ethical theories? What does each ethical perspective tell us about morality and virtue?
- For one patient below, discuss the (1) developmental, (2) age, (3) socioeconomic, and (4) cross-cultural considerations that should be considered during the gathering of subjective and objective data and the provision of health care.