Show that a Negative Binomial loglinear model is a GLM by specifying the three components of the model. Assume the number of success for the Negative binomial distribution is known.Note: the three components are Random Component Systematic component and Link Function.
- Question: Q: Chapter Chapter 11 of Mertler and Vannata; answer exercises on pages 306 and 307: This exercise utilizes the SPSS data setprofile-e.sav, which can be downloaded from this Web site: www.Pvrczak.com/data Conduct a Forward: LR logistic regression analysis with the following variables: IV—age, educ, hrsl, sibs, rincom91, life2 (categorical) DV—satjob2 Note: The variable Iife2 is categorical such that dull = 1, routine/exciting = 2, and all other values are system missing. Develop a research question for the following scenario. Conduct a preliminary Linear Regression to identify outliers and evaluate multicollinearity among the five continuous variables . Complete the following: a. Using the Chi-Square table in Appendix B, identify the critical value atp< .001 for identifying outliers. Use Explore to determine if there are outliers. Which cases should be eliminated? b. Is multicollinearity a problem among the five continuous variables? Conduct Binary Logistic Regression using the Forward: LR method. IV—age, educ, hrsl, sibs, rincom91, life2 (categorical; last is the reference category) DV—satjob2 Note: Make sure that any outliers identified in Exercise 2a are removed from data before running the logistic regression. Also, designating life2 as a categorical covariate with the last category as the reference, essentially makes "routine/exciting" = 0 and "dull" = 1, so interpret the results accordingly. a. Which variables were entered into the model? b. To what degree does the model fit the data? Explain. c. Is the generated model significantly different from the constant-only model? d. How accurate is the model in predicting job satisfaction? e. What are the odds ratios for the model variables? Explain. Module 14 – Multi-level linear analyses: When do you use multi-level linear analyzes? Chapter 8 of Cronk (chapter below I wasn’t sure what was being asked) and answer all practice exercises; post your results here:
- 1. A&M Co. purchases a futures contract specifying C$100,000 with the
- Conduct a loglinear analysis to see whether there is a relationship between the person's star sign, whether they believe in horoscopes and whether the horoscope came true. Explain the findings and whether the findings are significant.
- Analysis of Covariance, ANCOVA (GLM 2)
- Answer the following. please explain and show steps (show work)Use exp
- This week the H&R Block Practice Set is Problem 55 from Chapter 11. This problem requires you to compare two taxpayers, Bonnie and Jake's filing status to see if it is better for them to file single or jointly. You can do this in the H&R Block PRogram and provide me three separate files (pdf please!). Or you can plug in the figures on a word document and show me in a table format (or other format that clearly represents) the informaiton from the three returns. You will need to show me the the tax for each situation: Bonnie filing separately, Jake filing separately and Bonnie and Jake filing jointly. Some tips: Medical deductions come into play here. Pay close attention on whether the rental loss deduction can be taken if they file separately. The tax for each situation should be somewhere between $1500 and $4100.
- What might somebody else say to show your proposed solution is wrong? What could you say to show s/he is wrong?
- Which OSI Network Management Model is the same as the OSI model? Student Answer: Organizational Model